me

im just an old fashioned girl with modern day ambitions.

2.9.11

Morning Thoughts

I dont think I've met him yet.

Who? My husband.

Dont get me wrong...I've been head over heels in love. In fact, I still am [but thats another post]. Its just...all of the guys I've met have been selfish as hell. When I look at my parents relationship...they love each other unconditionally. Even when they fight. Even when they argue. Its all irrelevant to them. Their love shines through and they never let the bullshit affect their family. They get over it. They realize that they have to work hard to get all that they want out of their relationship...and they have no problem doing so. They share a common goal. They compromise.

I've never met someone who was willing to do that for me...or I them. The dudes I've met havent been husband material. That kind of scares me. Sure I've met someone that I would absolutely adore spending my life with....but deep down I know it wouldnt be right. He's too selfish to love me the way that I need him to. Hell, he's too selfish to love me the way that he wants to.

The good thing is...I think I'll know it when I finally do meet him. The one guy who will make all of the others seem insignificant. The man willing to work for our love.

I know he's out there.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2.9.11

    You will know it when you finally meet him. it takes time. everything happens for a reason love!

    just wait and see. don't look, he'll come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the good thing about this is that you known someone wouldn't be good for you long-term; you never settled for less than what you deserve. It's wonderful that you have your parents relationship to look up to, I honestly believe that makes a huge difference as far as your future relationship goes.

    XO, Ess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean and have been going through the exact same thing. One of my best friends has managed to find her 'one guy' though so that gives me hope at least!
    Stick in there girl, he shall be on his way soon :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold tight and wait for your hero! And who is to say selfish man won't grow into prince charming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mama bear im trying to be patient!

    @miss esspi it took me a longggg time to stop settling. its hard realizing that the one you love may not be the one for you =\

    @that girl saadiya we will find him! i have absolute faith!

    @Laura i seriously hope that he will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally feel where you're coming from. I thought my last was "the one" but I now see that God has someone else in his works. Guys & their egos are what get in the way most of the time. Sucks...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...