me

im just an old fashioned girl with modern day ambitions.

8.9.11

The Perfect Description


Reading this book called The White Woman on the Green Bicycle, I came across this beautiful dialogue and had to share.

It begins with a daughter asking her father the secret to staying married for a long time:

"Why did you marry mum?"

"Because she was a dish."

"The world is full of beautiful women. Why her?"

"She was for me."

"What do you mean?"

"Your mother filled up the frame. I couldnt see anyone else but her, no one around her or past her."

"Did that ever wear off?"

"No, it got worse."

"How?"

"Well, then love comes. You can fancy lots of other people. But the heart is small and fussy: it knows exactly who it wants. You only have room in it to love one or two people in a lifetime."




**maybe im just a sap...but i thought his answer was absolutely perfect. such a beautiful thing. ::sighs::

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8.9.11

    I have to agree with you on this one. super sweet answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obviously a sap too because reading that made me tear up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautifiul. Love your blog, new follower! Come by and check out my Asos giveaway at www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...that was beautiful. The author of this book must be a woman. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I definitely teared up! Cute blog! I would love to follow each other, if you like my blog of course!

    Bree
    artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! I'm a romantic and a realist.. SO this answer was perfect!

    Thanks for this!

    xo,

    Sojo, FWB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...