me

im just an old fashioned girl with modern day ambitions.

9.8.11

Finally!

Guess who is officially employed???

Thats right...ME!!!!

Im so happy. Everyone who knows me knows how stressed I have been over this job situation. Finally my hunt is over....exactly 3 months to the day of my graduation. I graduated May 8th, meaning May 9th was my first day in the real world. Today is August 9th. In hindsight I dont know why I was so panicky. Finding a job only 3 months after graduation isnt shabby at all. The woman that I interviewed with yesterday said that her daughter has been waitressing for 2 years because she hasnt been able to find anything that pays well post-grad. Wow. This alone makes me realize how blessed I am. I will continue to keep the rest of the class of 2011 in my prayers every night as we each go out on our various journeys.

15 comments:

  1. YEEYYYYYYYYY! CONGRATS GIRLIE!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!! SO I GUESS MY LIST OF PLACES CAN GO ON HOLD FOR ANOTHER TIME! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! WOOPPIIEE! BEST OF WISHES IN ALL THAT YOU DO!! =]

    BE THE STAR YOU ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE ;]. AND BE BLESSED BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY BE A BLESSING!

    KIMBERLY, FWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: We're hosting a chatroom tomorrow at 8pm eastern and we'd love to see you there because you have such an amazing voice. Our last one was a HUGE success and we were able to meet tons of new people because everyone repped their blogs & twitter names for the final 30 minutes! Hope to see you there! You'll be sure to have a blast!! =]

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw kim you are beyond sweet! thank you so much for all of your support, it means the world to me! i will definitely try to make it to the chat room!

    <3 jaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw congrats!!! what are you going to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I just left an internship, have an interview on thursday and a possible job in the bag at month's end, so I know you're hype, I graduated May 6th! so I know what you mean

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Abzster im going to be working in the Recreation Therapy department in a hospital as a Recreation Aide =]

    @Dr. LiL i am beyond hype lol. its been a LONG summer with my graduation money slowly depleting lol. good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10.8.11

    Congratulations! I'm glad you're employed :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! It took me 3 months as well! I hear we're the lucky ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations honey! I'm happy to hear it :) I'm still interviewing so hopefully I have some good news soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! Im trying to interview for different jobs at bigger locations, had on last Friday in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone!!!! And good luck to all those who are still on their job hunt, i will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!
    I definitely know how hard it is finding a job after graduation. A lot of my friends are still working in retail because they can't find anything yet, so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to you as well! What will you be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Elle thank you! a lot of my friends are also still looking for jobs. its rough out here!

    @Brooke thank you! i will be working as a recreational aide in the recreation therapy department of a hospital =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...