So today a new show called Awkward premiered on MTV. I freakin love it! It reminded me of Juno a little. But anyway, the show is about a teenage girl who has a huge accident that everyone mistakes as a suicide. Prior to her accident someone sent her an anonymous letter basically explaining why she sucks at life and a list of things she can do to fix her suckiness. I decided that Im going to blog along with her list each week, so here goes!
Rule #1 Stop being such a pussy.
This is by far the hardest lesson that Ive had to learn in life. Im always putting the feelings of others before my own and a lot of the time it ends up horribly for me. My mother always told me that I was going to grow up and let people walk all over me if I didnt develop some sort of backbone. As a teenager I took this advice as her just being a bitch [dont judge me, you know teen girls ALWAYS have mommy issues lol]. But now as a young adult I realize that she is absolutely 100% right about this. This realization was actually the inspiration for my blog back in 2009!
After a lifetime of being a sweet, loving, girl, I found myself thrown into an environment (college) where not everyone had my best interests at heart. I was devastated upon finding out that in the real world: nice girls do finish last.
This is a constant struggle for me. I dont like being a bitch. I dont like hurting people's feelings. I dont like always putting myself first. But it is absolutely necessary at this point in my life. If Jazmyn doesnt look out for Jazmyn, who else will? I know that I will always have my back...I could never disappoint myself.
Not being a pussy has been good for me. Im more confident. I cry a lot less. I smile a lot more. Im done feeling degraded by people who try to put me down. I will not tolerate it anymore.
Im happy.
This sounds like my kind of show! What day and time does this come on? lol
ReplyDeleteI still have to remind myself sometimes to "not be a pussy" when it comes to speaking up about things that I disagree with or when I'm being wronged but I've definitely grew a lot as a person. People always say I'm so nice but that's because I mask my bitchiness well. I think I've found the perfect combination of being nice but not being walked all over because I protect myself. I trust very few, I've continued to look out for me (but I've also learned to love and look after those trusted few), and so far that's been working.
This is a good rule to live by. Loving and standing up for yourself is amazing!
ReplyDelete@Carrymel: it comes on MTV tuesdays at 11! it was really funny lol. but yea, im definitely still working on it. its still hard for me to speak up, but im a LOT more inclined to do so now than i was a few years ago. and LMAO @ you "masking your bitchiness well!!"
ReplyDelete@mama bear: its so liberating!
You go girl, don't be too tough on us now though, but understand when situations call for you to put a little guard up and be more cautious. Proud of your own self realizations, that's always important.
ReplyDelete