me

im just an old fashioned girl with modern day ambitions.

20.10.09

Like My Daddy

So i had a good talk with my daddy last night..i told him everything.

He didnt quite tell me what i wanted to hear...but i guess thats part of the reason that i love him so much. He doesnt sugarcoat anything.

He told me that from here things can go one of two ways. You could be mad for a while, and then hit me up when youre ready...or you could get over me.

ouch.

He told me that it would be hard to understand because im a woman...and hes right. I cant imagine being so in love with someone, that i would give it all up over something so minuscule. How could i walk away from something that i know in my heart is right, all over some bullshit?

He said that its not like that with men (especially the young ones)...they have the 'if she leaves, let her go' mentality.

But sometimes, dont you have to set your pride aside to get something that you love? I know its hard sometimes, but arent you supposed to fight? How could you possibly just walk away so easily?

I dont know..

I do know that i needed that reality check. I know how i feel...and i realize that if its real, things will work themselves out. No need to stress whats already written in the stars right?

..day 8

I love my daddy. (Beyonce- Daddy, on repeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...