Valentine's Day is coming up!!! I've always loved Valentine's Day...there's something beautiful about celebrating love...be it with your significant other, family, or friends.
I'm used to seeing and hearing bitter comments from people who wish they had someone to celebrate with...but lately...I've been seeing bitter comments from people who are actually in relationships!
Never have I seen such a holier than thou attitude. I've heard so many women say, "I don't get the big deal, me and my boyfriend celebrate EVERYDAY." How on Earth could you attempt to put someone down for being excited? Does this mean that if your boyfriend doesn't get you anything you'll be fine? Yeah...ok.
Just because you and your honey bask in Valentine's Day and all its commercialism does not imply that your relationship is otherwise boring and stagnant.
That logic is just silly to me....I mean...I'm thankful year round....does that mean I should stop celebrating Thanksgiving? lol
Take that stick out your ass and lighten up people. No, Valentine's Day should not be the only day that your sig other makes you feel special...but that doesn't mean you cant celebrate! It's the one day out of the year that the majority of people around you are also celebrating their love. That's what makes it special. Universal love day.
...And stop trying to downplay other peoples relationships by bigging up your own. Who are you trying to convince that your relationship is perfect and happy 365? Me?? Or yourself??

No comments:
Post a Comment