me

im just an old fashioned girl with modern day ambitions.

23.5.11

Living For The Weekend.

My little brother experienced his first heartbreak last week. He didnt say much about it (i found out through facebook lol) but i can tell he was upset. His first high school love.


Its funny how things seem so devastating in high school. A break up seems like the end of the world. That is....until a real life, grown up heartbreak slaps you in the face. I thought I found love in high school, I really did. Then I fell in love for real. Its crazy how your emotions mature in a few short years. The things that were oh so important back then, just dont matter anymore. You have a whole new set of wants, needs, and desires. I think the difference is...when youre grown, you are living for a goal [your purpose]. You know what you want out of life for the most part, and you begin to think of ways to make those things happen. In high school...youre living for the weekend really. "Living for the weekend" in the sense that the only things that truly matter are your friends, this party, that test, this vacation, etc. You arent thinking longterm in high school....at least I wasnt.


Things are so much easier in high school. There arent as many disappointments...because you havent really set many expectations [goals].


Sometimes I miss the days when I was simply "Living for the weekend." Although it didnt seem like it at the time, things were so much easier then; but mostly I appreciate the growth Im experiencing living for my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...