Now that Ive graduated from college I realize that I can stop pretending to be friends with people I have no interest in knowing. Im talking about people I havent spoken to since freshman year who I smile at if I pass them on campus or act cordial to if we happen to bump into one another. I dont have to do that anymore. In fact, I dont ever have to speak to or acknowledge these people ever again if I dont feel like it.
I dont have to give people pity follows on twitter, I can delete them on facebook. Its not that I have a problem with these acquaintances....its just that they add nothing to my life.
Its sort of refreshing really. Getting rid of the dead weight.
I just graduated from high school and I feel the exact same way lol. BTW Lovely Blog :-)
ReplyDeletelol congrats on graduating! you will definitely meet some characters in college but as long as you stay true to yourself you will be just fine :-)
ReplyDeletethank you so much for reading, i really appreciate it!
Oh, we're supposed to wait to graduate to stop pretending? Oops =P
ReplyDeleteLMAO, i had to cut a few people off long before may 2011
ReplyDeleteGirl you crack me up! I totally agree and will be "de-friending" people *gasp* this afternoon haha
ReplyDeleteP.S. love you blog! I love finding new reads :)
www.kirstenjoywilson.com